<Back to News Home | The Deerfield Dirt Road Randonnee (D2R2) is a very popular ride in Massachusetts that took place this past Saturday, August 23rd. The ride is Franklin Land Trust’s major fundraiser for the year and it was the 10th year. Bringing in over 1,000 riders each year, the D2R2 offers riders some great route options. We’ve collected a list of the 2014 pictures, reports, info on this year’s D2R2 for your reference for this year and beyond. If you have anything to share about this year’s ride or questions about a future ride, head over to the D2R2 on the Riding Gravel Forum thread.
Deerfield Dirt Road Randonnee views
D2R2 References:D2R2 Information: 2014 Media: Pictures: Folktography by Tom – https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152738091745337.1073741900.197137230336&type=1&l=5c763b7431 Pictures: Chris Clement – https://www.facebook.com/cclement/media_set?set=a.10204722005712805.1073741837.1316635746&type=1&l=f4d197d8da Pictures: Lee Toma – https://www.flickr.com/photos/lee_toma/sets/72157646457230658/ Pictures: Patrick Engeman – https://www.facebook.com/patrick.engeman.3/media_set?set=a.10152625808448744.1073741841.807258743&type=1 Pictures & Writeup: Adventures via Cycling blog – http://adventuresviacycling.blogspot.com/2014/08/d2r2-deerfield-dirt-road-randonee-2014.html?spref=fb Article: MassLive.com – http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2014/08/deerfield_dirt_road_randonne_s.html#incart_river Article: Bicycling.com – http://www.franklinlandtrust.org/magic.pdf Blog: Firefly Adventure Team – http://fireflyadventureteam.com/stories/11-adventure-report/33-d2r2.html 2014 Routes:
- 180k Cue Sheet
- 160k Cue Sheet
- 115k Cue Sheet
- 100k Cue Sheet
- 40 mile Cue Sheet
- 20 mile Cue Sheet
- Map of all courses
- The courses will use the narrowest, oldest, twistiest, quietest, and most-scenic roads available.
- A range of courses will provide access to novices as well as challenge the world’s strongest riders.
- D2R2 will never offer prizes for anything other than gags, nor will finish results ever be presented like it was a race.
- Riders shall cover the course in a self-sufficient manner, without motorized crew vehicles.
- The organization will put as much effort into its food offerings as it does the ride itself.
- The event is a key fundraiser for the Franklin Land Trust’s efforts to preserve land in the region.”
Is there something that you’ve found that you think should be shared? Do you organize an event and want a post similar to this one, please let us know by contacting us.
Discuss and share information and experiences about the D2R2 by reading or contributing to the D2R2 thread on the Riding Gravel Forum.