Been working hard on our sister site, Mountain Bike Radio, so this has been a little sporadic. It’s back and there is a lot of news going on out there in the gravel world that we’re getting caught up on. We’ll hit up what what we have seen lately. We welcome reader submissions, so if there is something you hear about, contact us. We’re in the heart of the gravel season and there are a lot of races and information flying around. The Riding Gravel Forum has been very active in recent weeks with discussions about tires, bikes, shoes, and a lot more. Read on and get up to date!
- The Dirt Bag Dash Gravel Grinder and Charity Ride is June 7 in Mountain Home, Idaho. The entry fee increases after May 22, so get registered soon HERE.
- The Pony XPress 50, 90, 160 is this Saturday, May 17 in Trinidad, Colorado.
- The above picture of the Skull -N- Bones tshirt is being sold as part of the Skull -N- Bones Gravel Challenge. They are making a current push to get these tees in the hands of riders for cheap. Check out the tee sale info here.
- The Almanzo weekend is here:
- Gravel Grinder News has been really busy lately:
- “Retroshift Re-brands as “Gevenalle” – Introduces New Product.” Read about the name change and their newly introduced hydraulic brakes with caliper, lines, and rotors.
- “American Classic Hurricane Disc Wheels: Mid-Term.” Read up on MG’s thoughts on the wheels.
- “Challenge Tires “Gravel Grinder” 38mm Tires: First Impressions.” Guitar Ted got his hands on some of the new “Gravel Grinder” tires from Challenge. Some good first thoughts.
- Go to GravelGrinderNews.com for plenty more info.
- Gravelbike.com has been providing some reviews and feedback:
- Niner has introduced the RLT 9 5-STAR Ultegra Di2
If you want to be part of the gravel conversation, join and participate in the Riding Gravel Forum.
If you have some news or updates that you’d like to share, contact us.