2017 AntiEpic Gravel Grinder
Date: Saturday, May 6, 2017
It’s May…and it’s Colorado! So please expect sunshine, rain, snow, wind, cold, and mud! Please bring the appropriate riding gear, a good attitude, and a smile!
Course: We will offer two timed tours for 2017:
- AntiEpic Long Course: TBD – Coming soon!
- AntiEpic Short Course: 76 miles, 5,800 feet 7
- Course Notes:
- The AntiEpic Gravel Grinder starts and ends in Monument, Colorado, traveling northeast along undulating country roads through the town of Elbert en route to Deer Trail just off of I-70. The course then makes the challenging return to Monument via a different route, gaining a majority of its 8,400 feet of climbing en route back to Monument.
- The 2017 Long Course will essentially be the same course used during the AntiEpic from 2012 – 2016 (+ an extra 34+ miles TBD) and will include the potentially nasty B-road, County Road 98. As past AntiEpic participants know, this 3+ mile B-road has the potential to make the AntiEpic Gravel Grinder truly EPIC in nature…..some would argue perhaps even too EPIC at times! That being said, we have created an alternate route to bypass the B-road if it is covered in 3 feet of snow, so muddy that a tractor cannot pass, or simply not passable. We will make a decision in the week prior to the event if we will use the alternate route.
- As in previous years, the course will be unmarked. Riders are responsible for navigating the course using either the official cue sheet (which will be e-mailed to pre-registered riders during the week prior to the event) OR the Garmin file, which can be downloaded from the links above.
- AntiEpic Long Course: Sign in: 5:00 am – 5:45 am. Ride starts at 6:00 am
- AntiEpic Short Course: Sign in: 7:00 am – 7:45 am. Ride starts at 8:00 am