This “Gravel News” page of ours is fairly new, so we will get caught up and into the now with the crazy amount of gravel news going around these days.
Here is one that didn’t seem to get much coverage.
The titanium Vassago TKO. The TKO is titanium, has clearance for 45’s, and comes in at a very reasonable price of $1,999 for an American built frame. It looks as if there are some different finish options from the looks of the pictures posted on the Vassago website. Vassago also mentions that there are many options for dropouts, so contact them to get exactly what you’re looking for.
About the TKO:
“Introducing the Vassago TKO – A hardcore enduro-road, gravel-grinder, all-road, OMNI-road, moster-cross, dirt road, do everything except hard core mountain bike – bike. Yep – we could not come up with our own term for this type of riding, so we’ll just call it riding. The TKO is the perfect do it all bike. Each one is made to order with multiple available options. Want sliding dropouts to run it in SSXWC? Done! Want special cable routing? No problem. Rack mounts? Sure!”
- Frame Material: Vassago 29er specific 3AL/2.5V titanium
- Headset: 44mm inset
- Seatpost: 27.2
- Bottom Braket: 68mm shell, standard BSA
- Disc Brake mount rear: ISO or POST MOUNT, 140 or 160mm
- Dropouts: Sliding, 142×12 through axle, or standard quick release
- Rear Spacing: 135mm
- Front Derailleur: 31.8
- Rear Derailleur: Standard
- Recommended fork – Whisky #7 or #9 disc cross fork
- Tire Clearance: 45c (yeah.. thats right… fat ol gravel grinder tires!)
Read more about the TKO over at the Vassago website.
Do you have any thoughts, questions, or have any experience with the Vassago TKO? Share them on the Riding Gravel Forum thread.
Do you have news about an event, a race, products, or anything else gravel-specific? Contact us!