About Dirty Kanza: Organized by Dirty Kanza Promotions, the Dirty Kanza is recognized throughout the cycling industry as the world’s premier endurance gravel road cycling challenge. Cyclists from all across North America, Western Europe, and beyond converge on Emporia, KS each year to test their mettle on the remote and rugged roads of the Flint Hills region of east-central Kansas. The only remaining expanse of natural tallgrass prairie in North America, the Flint Hills have been called “the eastern most part of the great far west. Find out more about Dirty Kanza Promotions here… http://dirtykanzapromotions.com/ Note: Information provided for this post was provided by Dirty Kanza Promotions.
Individual Participant Registration Fees: Dirty Kanza 200-mile distance – $200 Dirty Kanza 100-mile distance – $100 Dirty Kanza 50-mile distance – $50 Dirty Kanza 25-mile distance – $35 (Plus a small processing fee.) For more details on registration options and classifications, refer to the 2018 Dirty Kanza Riders Bible, which can be found under the “Info” tab at dirtykanza.com. Participation Field Limits: This event entry selection process will be used to fill the following number of spots… Dirty Kanza 200-mile distance – 1,000 individual participants Dirty Kanza 100-mile distance – 750 individual participants Dirty Kanza 50-mile distance – 400 individual participants Dirty Kanza 25-mile distance – 200 individual participants General:
- Only one lottery application per person. (Either as an individual, or as part of a group.)
- Consideration will be given to multi-time DK200 Finishers nearing 1,000 Mile Club status, area residents and other long-time supporters of Dirty Kanza, and women as a continuation of the #200Women200Miles campaign.
- The entire selection and registration process shall be at the sole discretion of Dirty Kanza Promotions, whose decisions and interpretations shall be final and binding.
- Dirty Kanza Promotions reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the selection process at any time and for any reason.
- Dirty Kanza Promotions reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it suspects or believes to be tampering with the entry selection process, or to be acting in violation of these rules, or acting in such a way as to be detrimental to the integrity of this event.
- Dirty Kanza Promotions shall not be responsible for incomplete entries, declined credit cards, nor entries received after the application deadline for any reason.
- Comp’d entries for sponsors, press, and other industry notables have no impact on the lottery selection process, nor do they count towards field limit totals.
- It is the responsibility of the person currently registered for Dirty Kanza to find someone to acquire their event entry. You may want to visit the special forum established at ridinggravel.com to find someone to take your spot, or to find an event entry that is being offered for transfer.
- Event entries must remain in the original event distance. In other words, a 100-mile entry cannot be transferred to a 200-mile category. Entries may be transferred to a different category/gender within the same event distance.
- The individual currently registered for Dirty Kanza must submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the transfer. The new participant assuming the transfer MUST be cc’d on this email.
- Dirty Kanza Promotions will then “Reply All” with further instructions to keep the transfer process moving forward. These instructions will include a request to the new participant to send payment for the event entry to Dirty Kanza Promotions. Once payment has been received, the transfer process will continue.
- A check will then be issued by Dirty Kanza Promotions to the original owner of the event entry, for the original cost minus a $30 processing fee.
- Once the transfer has been completed, both parties will receive a confirmation email from Dirty Kanza Promotions.
- Both parties will be expected to respond to requests made by Dirty Kanza Promotions in a timely fashion. Failure to do so will void the entire transfer process.
- Dirty Kanza Promotions will not manage a wait list, nor will we act as “match maker” to help anyone find an entry.
- Do not simply “give” your DK entry to someone, then have them show up for Rider Sign-In. All riders will be required to show a government-issued photo I.D. in order to obtain their event packet. If they aren’t on our roster, they won’t be allowed to ride. No exceptions.