The Crushed Rock Classic is a multi-surface, 6 mile circuit with a little bit of everything.
The race will include sections of crushed rock, pavement, and prairie trail. The terrain is undulating with two short, steep climbs per lap. Riders will race 7 or 5 laps in the A and B races respectively.
The KOM/QOM sprint competition will be held on the 2nd lap of the race. 1 rider from EACH CATEGORY will be awarded on each of the 2 sprints. Riders limited to 1 award.
Bike Race Course Map:
First place in each category, and the first finishing junior, receive an amazing Crushed Rock Classic Trophy.
Category Laps/Miles Prize List
Men’s A (Cat 1/2/3) 7/42 $75/$50/$25
Women (Cat 1/2/3/4) 5/30 $75/$50/$25
Men’s B (Cat 4/5) 5/30 $75/$50/$25
Juniors 5/30 Trophy
• Field limit 100!
• Online at USACycling.org Starting 1/27/17
• $25 online up until 10:00 pm, Friday, March 24.
• $30 onsite race day, 10:30 – 11:40 AM.
• USA Cycling license required.
• One day license is available for $10
• Any numbers not claimed by 11:40 on race day will be resold.
Proceeds benefiting the Story County Boys and Girls Club
Both A and B races will start at 12 noon. The A race will be staged ahead of the B race, and women, with a short lead provided for the A race. Staging will be on 180th street.
All USA Cycling rules apply. Helmets required at all times while riding. Held Rain or Shine.
• Door Prizes for participants
• FREE BEER compliments of Alluvial Brewing Co.
• FREE CHILI (chili cook-off) and snacks provided by Ames Velo Volunteers
Race Director – Josh Magie
(p) 515.460.4000 (e) firstname.lastname@example.org
Special thanks to:
Story County Conservation Center
USA Cycling Permit # 2017-363